academic unit

Colleges and schools are approved to offer degree programs or oversee degree or non-degree programs approved by the state Coordinating Board of Higher Education. Because the organization of these units varies across the campus, these entities are referred to as academic units, or AUs for short.

Mizzou AUs that offer undergraduate degrees include: Agriculture, Arts and Science, Business, Education, Engineering, Health Professions, Human Environmental Sciences, Journalism, Natural Resources, Nursing and Social Work. Alternative words that can apply to these units are colleges, divisions or schools.

More terms in: Academics and Higher Ed