A general learning community (GLC) is made up of a variety of students (freshmen, student-athletes, international students, etc.) focused on academic success.
General learning communities:
- are located in 14 halls and on specific floors
- are broad in scope and focused on general academic success
- offer resources and opportunities applicable to students of all majors
- are well suited for students confident in their ability to balance academic and social commitments
- provide opportunities to create a theme
- offer study group opportunities
- offer opportunities to volunteer within the MU and Columbia communities and beyond
- may have a few sophomores, juniors and seniors throughout the GLC
A few, such as South GLC, have FIGs nested within them, but the majority of GLCs do not contain FIGs.