If a student drops a course after the last day to drop a course without a grade, the process is referred to as withdrawing from a course. To withdraw from a course, students complete a course withdraw form.

Leaving school before the end of a semester is reffered to as withdrawing from the term. To withdraw from the term, a student must process the appropriate term withdraw form in the dean’s office of his or her school or college.